The Mission of our Church, as drafted at an elder’s retreat in February, 2017…
The Suzhou International Fellowship (SIF) is a group of expatriate Christians living in Suzhou who meet together regularly. Our mission is to serve expatriates by providing an environment for fellowship, worship, Bible teaching, mutual encouragement, and personal spiritual nourishment and growth. The SIF provides people with an opportunity to contribute to the community and help each other live effectively as foreigners in China so that God would receive greater glory.
- That God speaks to us through His infallible Word, the Bible.
- That the one and only true God exists in Three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is God’s only-begotten Son, born of a virgin, crucified, resurrected, ascended to the Highest heavens, from whence He will return to judge the living and the dead.
- That human beings are born in a sinful state, under God’s wrath, and without hope apart from the gospel of salvation through Jesus.
- That you can only be saved by grace, through faith, not by your own works, but because of Christ’s death and resurrection.
- That the power to live a changed life, holy and acceptable to God, comes through God’s Holy Spirit, who lives inside and strengthens believers to do good works.
- That the church exists to gather God’s people together for worship, for service, and to proclaim the gospel to the nations.
- That every person is an eternal
To view our Statement of Faith see below, or click to download via the link below: